You’ve committed fully to finding your new dream home and you’re officially off to the races. However, searching for houses for sale in Bakersfield CA may not be as easy as it seems which is why having a reputable realtor on your side will go a long way in streamlining this complex process.
A Bakersfield Realtor Is Your Great Resource
Gaining access to the MLS has a ginormous amount of benefits. If you want to know when these Bakersfield real estate listings come into the market right away then work with a realtor.
In today’s competitive real estate market, these properties can go fast. A Bakersfield realtor can help you narrow your priorities and make an informed decision about which home to choose.
But wait…you still have one giant hurdle to overcome: You’ve got to make the offer that wins the house.
Making an offer on a property is just one of several important steps in your home buying journey. While the highest offer often wins out, being the first to make a solid offer is likely to help you get a ‘yes” and can give you an edge in a bidding war.
Sealing The Deal
- Get pre-qualified. If you want to put yourself in a position to succeed, nothing beats having the wisdom and being prepared for what’s ahead. It is one of the smartest things you can do to help your home buying process run smoothly. Getting pre-qualified for a home loan gives you an idea of what your loan program and the amount you could borrow might look like in advance. This way you can avoid the uncertainty of dashing after deals that you never could buy in the first place.
- Set your criteria. This is the perfect time for you to tell your realtor or your agent exactly what you’re looking for in a property and your budget. Make a checklist and fill one out for each home you tour. It’s helpful to think of your requirements in three columns – needs, wants and wishes. Affordability will obviously be a top criterion, but neighborhood, location, good schools, shops and a low crime rate are also likely to be important.
- Sign up for automatic alerts. Be the first to see when a new property that meets your criteria hits the market by setting up automatic email or text alerts with your realtor.
- Attend an open house. There are good reasons to attend an open house. Open houses are your chance to get to know a house for sale up close and personal. It can afford you the chance to meet and chat with the owner or a realtor so you can bring up any issues or hesitations you have with the home. It’s the agent’s job to make you feel both comfortable and informed, so if you are wondering about anything, ask away.
Finding houses for sale in Bakersfield CA is not hard. Yet, finding the right place is. If you think you are ready to own a home, we would be happy to help you get a better grasp of your home buying situation, lets you tour homes specific to your criteria and get all your questions answered.
Click here for other first time home buyer tips you can’t afford to ignore.
Buying a house in Bakersfield can be a major ordeal. While it is true that anyone can shop for a house, there is still no substitute to experienced Realtors in Bakersfield.
Thanks to the worldwide web, buyers can now do the greater part of the hard work with regards to finding the house they need. However, a realtor may be able to match you with the ideal property much faster.
Hire The Best Realtors in Bakersfield CA If You Want To Do It Right
- When you are buying a home, it is not easy to know the ins and outs of your potential area. Realtors in Bakersfield can have access to the local MLS (multiple listing services) and can get you specifics on comps or unlisted units that are soon to come out of the market. They will be able to help you narrow down your choices by matching your home criteria.
- Buyers don’t often know where to start when choosing a mortgage. Realtors in Bakersfield have respectable network of reliable agents, lenders and other professionals engaged in the home buying and selling process. They can help you find the right lender who can best assist you through the pre-approval process prior to your home shopping.
- It could be a tiring and overwhelming experience when you’re house hunting. A realtor can save you lots of time and spare you the hassle of juggling all your home buying tasks by providing you with excellent options. They can help you clarify what you want most, and find you options that meet your specifications as much as possible.
- When you go to buy a house in Bakersfield, you’re certainly hoping to get the best price and terms. The right realtor has the ability to negotiate the best price for your home purchase with their in-depth knowledge of the factors that affect the value of a home which is actually the basis for what you will pay for the house.
- Although a realtor’s presence may not be necessary during closing, there may be some surprising number of details involved in a closing—all of which need to be wrapped up before you officially become the owner of the home. Your realtor can sew up all the bits and bobs so that the closing goes through without a problem, and will be there alongside you at the closing so you have support and advice should you need it.
Bakersfield is one area that is considered to be most desirable to purchase real estate. It is a growing city with potential and a good amount of things to do around town. Finding the perfect home in Bakersfield CA is not hard. Just make sure you work closely with the right Realtors in Bakersfield familiar with the area to find the home of your dreams.
Are you looking for homes for sale in Bakersfield? If so, have you thought about the features that you may want in your next home? Have you been pre-qualified? First-time home buyers should meet with a qualified lender, so they can understand what programs would be available to them when searching for homes in Bakersfield. For example, there is a closing cost credit grant. That can take thousands of dollars off of the amount of money needed to purchase your next home.
If you have gotten to the point where you have been pre-qualified and understand what type of property you want, the next step would be to contact an agent (like the one who’s website you are on) and you could set up a time to meet to discuss what you are looking for. At that point, they can set you up with a portal, which will allow you to see what is available for your characteristics.
When searching for homes for sale in Bakersfield, it is definitely a little daunting. Searching on websites like Zillow.com with many different houses can be confusing, along with outdated information that can be frustrating. For example, we regularly receive calls for properties listed on Zillow as for sale but were not in actuality. This can definitely take away the fun and exciting process of purchasing your next property.
The next time you are looking for homes for sale in Bakersfield, feel free to contact us at Synergy, so we can take the hassle and stress of finding your own home. Let’s bring back the excitement and energizing experience of purchasing your next property.
Until next time,
Sanjeev (Sunny) Advani
– Realtor / Property Management / Investment
Are you searching for Bakersfield homes for sale? Do you know which homes you are looking for, or what the first step is to start buying?
If you are a seasoned buyer, then you probably know that when searching for Bakersfield homes for sale, you should always start with a pre-qualification. Why should this be the first step?
For example, if Mr. Buyer tells his agent that he is looking for homes from $400,000 to $500,000, then the agent will go and find properties in that range that are good for the buyer. After days of showings, the buyer finally finds the house that he wants, and now goes to the lender to get his qualification letter. After the meeting the lender gives the buyer a pre-qualification for $375,000, but the perfect property was $425,000, and now Mr. Buyer has lost all of this time that he has spent seeing houses, and he will not be able to get the house that he wanted in the first place which makes Mr. Buyer very irritated.
In order to avoid this, when looking for Bakersfield homes for sale, you should get a qualification letter first. This will ensure that you will not waste any time when trying to buy a house, and in the market we are in right now, we can definitely not waste any time when purchasing property.
This example, should definitely help the first time buyers looking for Bakersfield homes for sale. Another thing that can help is knowing which grant programs there are for first time homebuyers. That can definitely help with some of the upfront cost associated with buying your next home. A great way to find out about some of these programs is to ask your chosen Bakersfield realtor, and your lender.
Have you been looking for houses for sale in Bakersfield? What type of house are you looking for? Where do you start in the buying process? Should you speak to a lender? What is a first time buyer credit?
These are all the questions that people would ask. At Synergy, we aim to provide you with a complete customer experience. We will provide you with a road map on how to get through your next real estate transaction without any hiccups.
If you are a first time home buyer, we can help you narrow down your search and make sure that you are looking at houses that are appropriate for your needs and budget.
The best first step in purchasing is to contact your Realtor in Bakersfield (which we would love to be). They would be able to help you move forward and go through some pre-qualifying questions:
- Have you checked your credit?
- What is your income?
- How much debt do you have?
- What is your time horizon to buy?
- What part of Bakersfield would you like to buy in?
At Synergy Real Estate, we aim to get to know our clients looking for houses for sale in Bakersfield and help them through the transaction with as few bumps in the road as possible.
Search Our Bakersfield Real Estate Services today!
There have been talks about the markets and how they are reaching new highs. Other experts have said, “We are due for a recession.” Real estate prices in California are at record highs, and seem to keep climbing. So why would this be a good time to buy?
According to a survey forecast of Real Estate Professionals across the country, we will continue to see prices increase more widely in the next year. California is expected to increase in property value between 3-4% next year. How is this so with market peaks already?
The problem comes down to a supply and demand issue. If the supply is low, and the demand is high we will see a sellers market, which will mean that buyers are paying more for houses. Based on 2016 numbers, we saw that a little less than 31% of homes sold at or above the listing price, while in 2017 we have seen that almost 40% of homes sold at or above the listing price. So why not build more homes?
New construction has been spurred on, and if you look in the Kern County, specifically Bakersfield market, it seems as though there is new construction everywhere. These houses are selling out quickly, and the builders are able to get premiums for these houses in many cases as well.
The problem is that there are not enough affordable houses being given in areas that are severely over priced with a mass amount of jobs, and in areas that are affordable, there are not enough high paying jobs to keep an influx of people coming in. On top of this, there is a very lengthy process attached with building in California, and in order to counteract this we are seeing some loosening on regulations for mother-in-law units and additional unit construction on properties in some of the higher value areas.
All of this seems to point to home prices rising, which means that if they continue to rise and buyers wait to purchase then they will be paying more for their homes. This is the reason why you should buy now.
Get into a home that will earn some appreciation over the next year, and try to get a home that yourself and your family will be happy with for the next 10 years so you can weather out any market corrections that happen in the meantime.